Through strenuous and prudent efforts, the Wanapum have successfully built relationships with federal, state, and local agencies.
The Wanapum Interface Office stays current in:
- the practices of cultural resource management
- environmental policy standards
- local, state and regional environmental regulatory requirements
- developing and maintaining strong relationships with agencies and tribes
- maintaining resources and relationships necessary to protect the Wanapum interests with regards to federal and state regulatory pressures in the cultural area
- working with other Northwest tribes on cultural issues for the Columbia River area
- protecting and enhancing the Wanapum long-term relationship with Grant PUD in the protection of cultural resources
Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice.
Members of the Wanapum with Acting Assistant Secretary of Environmental Management, Mark Whitney, after signing the MOU securing Wanapum continued and future access to the Columbia River Corridor on the Hanford Site. (April 2015)